See the Coffey SimulatOar™ Sculling Unit being used by two-time World Champion Olivia Coffey:
The Coffey SimulatOar™ is designed to simulate the dynamic motion of the rowing stroke. The goal is to provide as much of the ‘on the water’ experience as possible while on a rowing machine.
The SimulatOar™ benefits include:
- Training all of the muscles used in rowing for total body fitness and racing preparation.
- Since the geometry of the SimulatOar™ is the same as your shell, adjustments on the machine allow you to personalize the ‘rig’ and match your boat to maintain and improve your rowing technique over the winter.
- Rowing on the SimulatOar™ is enjoyable ~ the next best thing to being on the water. Only the splash is missing! It very nicely compliments our indoor rowing tank for the winter training.
- Calvin Coffey, Olympic medalist, designed the SimulatOar™ because of his knowledge of rowing he was able to come up with a design that is very Intuitive to the rower.
- It is Made In the USA to keep the price economical and the quality high.
SimulatOar™ Specifications And Accessories are as follows:
- Length: 58″
- Width: 63″/160 cm (sculling), 44″/112 cm (sweep)
- Height: 25″
- Weight: 93 lbs. (sculling), 90 lbs. (sweep)
- Inboard: adjustable – 89 cm ± 5 cm (sculling), 115 cm ± 5 cm (sweep)
- Load: variable with damper setting
- Floats: For use with SimulatOar™ to provide a dynamic experience with the feel of being on the water as well. See a a club member using a newer model with “Floats” showing the unit in action with dyanamic action and the feel of being on the water:
- Connectors: For use to connect two or more SimulatOar™s together. Now you can row as a double, quad, pair….
For more information on pricing, availability and features of the new SimulatOar™ or for placing an order, please call us at Durham Boat Company, Inc. 603.659.7575 or e-mail us at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Calvin and Maggie’s daughter won a Gold Medal stroking the Open Women’s 4x at the World Rowing Championships held in Aiguebelette, France. The success of Olivia in WRC 4x is a great testimonial, especially against the vaunted German Team and the most other federations that view the 4x as the highest achievement in rowing! The win qualified the USA for an Olympic slot in that event next year’s event in Rio.