Designed and manufactured by Calvin Coffey (silver medalist at the 1976 Olympics), the SimulatOar™ is designed to simulate the dynamic motion of the rowing stroke. It is the best simulation of sculling without water, especially when used in conjunction with the Floats (slides and springs) that allow for dynamic action. The handles are adjustable in length and can be squared up and feathered. The load (catch to finish) simulates a boat astonishingly well, providing as much of the ‘on the water’ experience as possible while on a rowing machine.
Shipping is included in the prices quoted within the lower 48 states of the USA.
See the Rational Fitness Blog reviews of most rowing machines on the market.
See the Coffey SimulatOar™ Sculling Unit being used by three-time World Champion and Olympian: Olivia Coffey on the Coffey SimulatOar.
Try before you buy it. Two units are located at the Durham Boat Company Newmarket Road location and are available for demonstrations.
SimulatOar™ Benefits are:
- It trains all of the muscles used in rowing, for total body fitness and racing preparation;
- Since the geometry of the SimulatOar™ is the same as your shell, adjustments on the machine allow you to personalize the ‘rig’ and match your boat to maintain and improve your rowing technique over the winter;
- Rowing on the SimulatOar™ is enjoyable ~ the next best thing to being on the water; only the splash is missing! It very nicely complements our indoor rowing tank for winter training.
- Designed by Calvin Coffey, the Olympic medalist. With his deep knowledge of rowing, he was able to come up with a design that is very Intuitive to the rower.
- Made in the USA to keep the price economical and quality high.
SimulatOar™ Specifications and Listed Accessories:
- Length: 58″
- Width: 63″/160 cm (sculling)
- Height: 25″
- Weight: 93 lbs. (sculling)
- Inboard: adjustable – 89 cm ± 5 cm (sculling)
- Load: variable with damper setting
- Floats: For use with SimulatOar™ to provide a dynamic experience with the feel of being on the water as well.
- Electronics: Included with a C2 PM5 monitor
- Shipping: To the customer Included (within continental US)
A $200 deposit is required with each order.
To purchase two or more units and/or connect two or more units together dynamically, please call for a quote.
See a club member using a newer model with “Floats” to achieve that on-the-water feel: Coffey Sculling SimulatOar™ On Floats In Action.