Posting Dated: 03/29/18
Job Title: Composites Parts Layup/ 3D Printing
Durham Boat Company, Inc: About Us
We are a premium supplier of carbon prepreg. parts and are seeking to hire and train a detail-oriented person to become a Composites Parts Layup Person: Included in the job are the hand lay-up of pre-impregnated carbon, roll wrapping, autoclave processing, compression molding and one or more of the following: Cutting machine operation, mold preparation, de-molding and routine maintenance of molds and mandrels used, QC operations that may be required and other duties as assigned. Also included is 3D-Printing oversight of an assortment of parts made out of several types of thermoplastics.
Some Experience in one or more of the following areas would be desirable:
- Composites Manufacturing,
- Carbon prepreg. parts manufacturing
- Related food service activities (fresh pasta or pizza making),
- Art (sculptor, jeweler, and/or pottery/ceramic artisan),
- Enjoy working as a craftsman and like to make things one’s hands.
- High School Graduate;
- Qualified to take technical courses at a community college;
- Previous work experience;
- Provide a letter stating why you think you are qualified for the position and attach a resume with work references.
Skills That Would Be A Plus:
- Associates Degree or equivalent training In Composites, ME or on-the-job related experience;
- 3-D Printing;
- CAD Experience;
- 3-axis milling machining experience.
Paid holidays, paid Earned Time (to be used for vacation, personal days, and illness) and upon completion of training and up-to-speed on production requirements, a flexible work schedule may be possible. Optional Benefits include inclusion in our Medical Plan and/or inclusion in the company Retirement Savings Plan. Lastly, we allow company employees to access Company owned recreational equipment /area after work.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education. Advancement is based on merit and how quickly you learn the position and other parts. This position may lead to a position as a Composites Technician in the future.
Email resumes, cover letter and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org