Posting Dated: 08/12/19
Job Title: Composites Technician
Durham Boat Company, Inc: About Us
We are a premium supplier of carbon prepreg. parts and are seeking to hire and train a detail-oriented person to become a Carbon Composites Technician. Included in the job are the:
- hand lay-up of pre-impregnated carbon;
- roll wrapping,
- autoclave processing,
- compression molding,
- mold preparation,
- and one or more of the following:
- cutting machine operation,
- routine maintenance of molds and mandrels used
- QC operations,
- assembly, and
- other duties as assigned.
Experience in one or more of the Following Areas Is Required
- Prior work history,
- Related food service activities (fresh pasta or pizza making),
- Art (sculptor, jeweler, and/or pottery, ceramic artisan, woodworking),
- Enjoy working as a craftsman and like to make things with one’s hands.
Skills or Accomplishment That Are Desired:
- Science, technology, engineering, math, computer, art, courses taken in HS or college to date.
- 3D Printing experience;
- Related hobbies and/or sports;
- Honors or awards received in school, sports or other;
- Related composites prepreg experience;
- Associates Degree: Composites or Engineering.
Paid holidays, paid Earned Time (to be used for vacation, personal days, and illness).
Compensation is commensurate with related experience and education. Advancement is based on merit.
Email a letter stating why you think you are qualified for the position and attach a resume with work history and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org